About the drug: Adapalene is the active ingredient in this medication, which is a tropical drug used for the treatment of severe acne.
Uses of the drug: The main purpose of this medication is to treat acne.
Working of the drug: Adapalene belongs to the retinoid class of medications. It works by decreasing inflammation and swelling, and also by affecting cell growth. It helps in the reconstruction of cells.
Manufacturer: Celon Laboratories Ltd. in India manufactures Adaferin Gel – 0.1% (15gm). This medication is also available for purchase online.
Dosage form and strengths: This medication is available in the form of a gel, with a strength of 0.1%.
Before you use this drug: Do not use this medication if you are allergic to its main ingredient or any other ingredient in the medication.
Inform your doctor if you:
- Are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding.
- Are taking any other medication so that your doctor can check for possible drug interactions.
- Are allergic to any skin care products.
- Are suffering from any other medical conditions.Possible side effects of Adaferin Gel – 0.1% include:
- Burning sensation
- Stinging sensation
- Irritation of the skin
- Sunburn-like reactions
- Discoloration of the skin
These side effects may not occur in everyone using the medicine and may vary in intensity from person to person. If any of these side effects persist or worsen, inform your doctor immediately. In rare cases, serious side effects such as allergic reactions may occur. If you experience any severe side effects, seek medical attention right away.
The following products may interact with Adaferin Gel:
- Products containing alpha hydroxy acids (AHA) or glycolic acid
- Products containing benzoyl peroxide
- Other topical acne medications
- Products containing salicylic acid
- Medicated or abrasive soaps and cleansers
- Products containing sulfur, resorcinol or alcohol
- Hair removal creams or waxes
- Skin products that cause irritation or dryness
This is not an exhaustive list and other products may also interact with Adaferin Gel. It is important to inform your doctor or pharmacist about all the products you are using before starting the medication.
Additionally, here are some important warnings to keep in mind when using this medication:
- Do not use this medicine for any other skin condition or for a longer time than prescribed by your doctor.
- It is important to inform your doctor about any previous skin reactions, allergies or any other health problems before using this medicine.
- This medicine should not be used in children under 12 years of age.
- Avoid using skin products that can cause irritation or dryness, such as abrasive or medicated soaps, cleansers, or cosmetics with a strong drying effect.
- Pregnant women should not use this medication without consulting their doctor.
- If you experience any severe side effects or allergic reactions, such as difficulty breathing or swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat, seek medical attention immediately.
- Do not apply more than the recommended amount of medication. Overuse of this medication may increase the risk of side effects.
- In case of accidental ingestion, seek immediate medical attention.
Remember to always follow your doctor’s instructions and read the medication label carefully before using this medication.